A Note to Our Readers: Please send us a comment if you have tried any of these resources. We value your feedback. And, if you have a good resource that has been helpful to you, please let us know and we will add to the list to share with others.
For Family Caregivers and Home Care
- A great caregiver support website is The Caregiver Space. From insightful articles about every aspect of caregiving to signing up for a caregiver penpal and forums to share concerns and questions, the site is supportive and informative.
- Another good caregiver support website is DailyCaring.com . Visually pleasing, easy to navigate and short, useful articles. We found that a great feature of this site is in the comment sections of the articles. A dailycaring.com staff person actually responds to reader comments and questions with helpful feedback and resources.
- We use the AARP Long Term Scorecard to find out about how individual states compare in terms of resources for older adults living with care at home. There is so much information here. From how your state is doing with Medicaid assistance for home care, to what paid caregivers in your state are allowed to do for patients in their home, the information is helpful and timely. It also indicates which states can and are showing improvement for seniors. Check it out here and enter your zip code to find out more about your state: AARP Long Term Care Scorecard 2017
- https://www.payingforseniorcare.com/ Paying for Senior Care is a very helpful website created to connect families and elders and their specific care needs with resources for elder care. We interviewed Alex Guerrero, the Director of Operations for our book Aging with Care: Your Guide to Hiring and Managing Caregivers at Home. We learned that this website is literally re-designed every year to keep up with all the fast moving changes to laws and funding. It is designed to use technology to help those in financial need with assistance in the home or in other care settings. Just start the process with the Resource Locator Tool on the website.
- Insider News from SeniorCare.com: Senior Care News culls the latest and most interesting news from various sources across the internet.
- For suggestions for handling initial costs of professional assisted living care, here is a helpful article from Bankrate.com. There are clear suggestions and definitions to help you and your family begin the process of finding financial solutions for care. “Senior Care Costs: How to Cover Life Transitions”
For Senior Housing and Care Facilities
- For help finding accommodations related to any of the following: Assisted Living, Independent Living, In Home Care, or Memory Care, please click on the map below and follow the instructions in the blue box (resources provided by caring.com):